Got a comment on TikTok? Don’t hit send on that text reply just yet, because they just came up with a new update!
As TikTok said it best in their newsroom blog:
“There’s nothing quite like the connection between creators and their fans. So often, that connection forms in a video’s comments section, where viewers can share jokes, offer commentary, ask questions and ultimately build community with other users.”
We couldn’t agree more.
But if you are a video content creator, then you know how frustrating the comments section can be when viewers go wild and completely miss the point of your content. Or maybe you’ve come across a comment that is just too good to simply reply with a text. There’s also the common dilemma of people asking the same questions over and over again!
There are a few ways to going about acknowledging comments: replying through text or creating a new video. This time, with TikTok’s new update, you can now reply to comments through video.
Here’s how it works:
- Tap on the comment you want to reply to with a video. Another option is to press and hold the comment you want to reply to.
- Tap the icon of a video camera on the left side of the field.
- Record your video as you would with a normal TikTok video.
- You can include the comment that your video is replying to in that video, which can allow other users viewing your content separately to see which comment you’re responding to.
- Post the video and it will available both in the comments section of the video you’ve commented on and on your own page.
TikTok stated that since launching the feature, their comment culture on the app has been on the rise, with more than 1.8 billion views of the hashtag #replytocomments.
This just shows that the new method of replying to comments is not only super innovative and convenient, but it’s also a great way to connect with your audience on a more engaging and personal level.
Overall, video replying to comments are sparking conversation on new topics, driving unique and creative content, and creating new sub-cultures!